Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy Dance

I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with my London surgeon and he sees no reason why he can't resect all the tumours! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may or may not make any difference to me long term, but he believes it is worth a shot! He is such a kind man, and is willing to do whatever he can to at least TRY and slow this disease down. At the very least, removing these tumours should get rid of my pain and restore strength and mobibility to my hand if he doesn't inadvertantly damage the nerves during surgery.

So, tomorrow I will get my O.R. date. I imagine it won't be for a month, but I can wait and I will be happy waiting.

IL-2 will have to wait till I'm completely healed and I suspect I won't even be a candidate for it once I am rendered NED by this surgery. The only way they can tell if IL-2 is working is by watching to see if tumours are shrinking. If I don't have any tumours to watch, then they don't know how much to give me. So, that's why I think chemo may have to wait. That's ok, most people who go on IL-2 have organ involvement so I'll save it for when/if that time ever comes!

This is the best news I've got in a long time!

You know what else is bizarre? My London surgeon says he sat down with the radiologist to look at the scans and she pointed out all the tumours. Toronto says they can only see one, the one that is "unresectable" and "don't know why" the other masses we can feel don't show on the scans. Whatever! They are idiots and don't know how to read scans!

Happy dancing I am!!!

7 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! All the best, hope you get in for the surgery soon.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo, Sarah! Do I recall someothersurgeon saying something about amuputation and other grisley things? H-m-m-m. Here's to getting those second opionions!
I am so sorry that you are in pain and I hope you can get into the OR really soon.
Funny how we aren't afraid of needles, biopsies, & surgeries anymore. Just get this crap out of me is what I always say.
Sending good thoughts, Kim

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger leslie @ definitely not martha said...

So glad you're getting good news finally!

Yippee! :)

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Here's to having that "happy dance" with NED (hope your hubby won't get too jealous!)

All the very best, such good news! As I was once told, "if in doubt, cut it out".

Kristy
Australia

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger doctor T said...

Fantastic news! I'm so happy for you Sarah.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Hi Sarah,

It's so great to hear that you have a doctor fighting for you and kind to boot.

As ever, Carver

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -- that's fantastic news! I'm so glad to hear that you've got a doctor who's willing to fight the fight with you.

You're in my prayers, as always. :-)

Terri/Knotty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home