I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got off the phone with my London surgeon and he sees no reason why he can't resect all the tumours! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It may or may not make any difference to me long term, but he believes it is worth a shot! He is such a kind man, and is willing to do whatever he can to at least TRY and slow this disease down. At the very least, removing these tumours should get rid of my pain and restore strength and mobibility to my hand if he doesn't inadvertantly damage the nerves during surgery.
So, tomorrow I will get my O.R. date. I imagine it won't be for a month, but I can wait and I will be happy waiting.
IL-2 will have to wait till I'm completely healed and I suspect I won't even be a candidate for it once I am rendered NED by this surgery. The only way they can tell if IL-2 is working is by watching to see if tumours are shrinking. If I don't have any tumours to watch, then they don't know how much to give me. So, that's why I think chemo may have to wait. That's ok, most people who go on IL-2 have organ involvement so I'll save it for when/if that time ever comes!
This is the best news I've got in a long time!
You know what else is bizarre? My London surgeon says he sat down with the radiologist to look at the scans and she pointed out all the tumours. Toronto says they can only see one, the one that is "unresectable" and "don't know why" the other masses we can feel don't show on the scans. Whatever! They are idiots and don't know how to read scans!
Happy dancing I am!!!