Thursday, September 21, 2006

Just me again. My surgeon (who is female by the way) just responded again to my email. This is the response I was looking for.

It just goes to show that you have to be your own best advocate with ANY doctor, do your own research, be on top of things, don't just roll over and accept what they say.

From my surgeon:
"I understand your feelings and frustration. I am looking into options for aggressive surgical resection as well."

Now that's more like a team player. Sheesh man. Lucky I have the energy, education, language and confidence to fight these people a bit. What if english was my second language or I was too tired too fight or I was raised never to question authority.I am just steaming mad!

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Sarah,

I am so glad that you are keeping after your doctor. She sounds like she was trying to follow the easiest path and I'm glad you are sticking up for yourself. I know what you mean about wondering what happens to people who can't advocate for themselves. I think your strength of character will stand you in good stead in this battle and I'm betting on you against MM, BS from Docs, and everything else in your way as you move to the best possible treatment for you. Keep fighting for yourself. You are worth it! As ever, Carver

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hey Sarah...

It's a shame, but sometimes you just have to be a bitch to get what you know you need.

I read your posts on MPIP and here and cannot believe that they were ready to turn you over to an medical oncologist. I'd choose surgery every time for as long as possible.

I wish you the very best (I also wish this beast would leave you alone!).

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home