Monday, September 11, 2006

You should eat more blueberries

I know people mean well, but seriously...

If you know someone that is seriously ill, one of the worst things you can do is suggest books such as "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay which ultimately just blame the patient for their problems OR tell them to eat more blueberries.

I don't care if you think I should eat more blueberries. All that tells me is that you are ignorant, and need to read something else other than Chatelaine magazine.

Go eat more blueberries yourself. And while your at it, think more positive, do yoga, go for reiki treatments, spend $300 a month on supplements, get psychotherapy because obviously you don't love yourself, have more sex, carry crystals, don't drink from plastic, go to a clinic in Mexico, eat only organic or macrobiotic, start eating meat again, never have a drop of alcohol, meditate religiously, work out religiously, and think loving thoughts about everybody every second of every day. If you don't do everything I have suggested, then you obviously don't want to truly get better. And if you do do all these things and you still don't get better, it is because you didn't try hard enough or want it to work badly enough or you just plain didn't do it right.

After all, it is your fault.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I am LMFAO!

My landlord came over the other day and told me to take more vitamin C and eat better and think positive because chemo and radiation doesn't work and we can heal ourselves if we really want to.

And I'm sorry, but if you're thinking happy, positive thoughts all day every day, about everyone and everything, you're probably a few sammiches short of a picnic - but then you know how I feel about THAT.

LOL

Sounds like you have some tough decisions ahead wrt treatment, I wish you the best with whatever you decide.

Hang tough, I'm pulling for you!

Heather

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I still find it hard to believe that people want to blame the patient but I have seen it myself. I have nothing to offer except that I enjoy reading your blog and I hope that some combination of the treatments keep the cancer in check.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I so feel you on this. My sister's caregiver was so sure she was going to save her with "cancer-busting" supplements, a raw diet, and light therapy (!)...if only she could get my Sis to stop eating sugar entirely, as that was a likely culprit! Curiously, this caregiver never criticized my sister's smoking...maybe because they shared the habit? Obviously, there's no way to tell what, if any one thing, caused her cancer, but if the caregiver thought it was tactful not to openly blame the smoking, why blame Sis's sugar tooth?!?!

You don't know me, but I'm cheering for you, Sarah! You are in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home