Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

I can't believe a week has past since my last update. I have a lot to spew but I'm on heavy pain medication (methadone and gabapentin to be specific, and, no, I'm not a heroin junkie!) which has been keeping me sleeping for 15 hrs straight, more if I let myself, and I usually do let myself. I have been walking around like a zombie, I'm so exhausted, see double, have no appetite, feel loopy but also a bit euphoric which is a bonus! And, I'm pretty much pain-free, howevever, I have major weakness in the arm and hand and loss of manual dexterity.

The reason I'm still having so much pain/nerve issues is because, as I expected, they didn't remove all the tumours. They only took out one which they are keeping to use for a vaccine trial that I may be able to partake in next year. So, the tumours that are in me, they press on nerves and that is where the pain comes from. So, sadly, this operation did not make me NED (no evidence of disease), but I knew that wasn't really the plan.

I didn't receive the second opinion from my London surgeon last week, but emailed him Friday and he said he would look at the imaging ASAP. I soooo hope to hear from him tomorrow, with some good news. I'm hoping he can make me NED!

I'll post more when I feel better. I need to get this medication adjusted because obviously I'm non-functional. I can't even drive... what am I saying? I can't even go for a walk I'm so plastered. I hope this all gets sorted out this week so I can live my life again.

6 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME SARAH!!!
You sound pretty grounded for someone that's pretty high (smile). It's so nice to hear you again, I missed you. It sounds like you're healing up rather well, I can't wait until they get this vaccine trial in works for you.
Loads of (GENTLE) hugs from Holland, Janette

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Sarah,

I am so glad you are home and that they have the tumor to make a vaccine. I've heard good things about that. You have been in my thoughts and I'm sending them out to you for a speedy recovery and for as much pain relief as possible. I'm sorry you aren't NED but hopefully that will come next.

As ever, Carver

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Miss Melanoma said...

Sarah,
Thanks for your response on my blog, and I'm glad to hear your home. Sucks that you're so high... well, actually, maybe it doesn't. Euphoria sounds like a plan to me, even if it's temporary. Maybe I'll come to Canada and we can be crank whores together.

-Lori

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Ms.Smarties said...

Glad to hear it went well. I keep my fingers crossed that the London Doc can make you NED ASAP!

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sarah! Can't believe I just found out about the blog. Great idea! Thinking of you up here in the Sault.
Love jacob

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hey Sarah,

It's good to see you back!

The euphoria sounds pretty nice to me right about now, but I imagine it would get old fast. Hoping you hear from your doc asap, I know how badly you want those buggers out of you.

Hang in there, we've got your back. ;)

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home