Sunday, July 30, 2006

Camping








Just so ya know, my arm feels good. I literally have zero pain from the incision because of all the nerve damage from prior surgeries and radiation to my axilla. I'm sure she could have performed the excision without any anesthesia as the whole area is perma-numb.

Other benefits of having had prior radiation to the area are that I no longer sweat or grow hair in that armpit! Think of all the dollars I have saved on razors and deodorant because I'm only using half as much!

Notice my right arm in the shots of me doing terrible yoga poses on the beach. It is clearly bigger than my left arm from the elbow up. That is what mild lymphedema looks like.

Went camping Friday night at Rondeau Provincial Park with a girlfriend. It was suppose to be 2 nights, but our other friend was sick so she had to cancel. Liz and I decided just to stay one night so we could come back home and spend the second night with the sicky-poo watching movies. Plus, there was a 60% chance of thunderstorms the second night. It was hot! And I was very greasy, sweaty, and all-around nasty as you can see from the pics!

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Lori Miller said...

Hi Sarah,
glad that you have no pain in the incision area. Cancer is painful enough. You look great... good to see your doing Yoga, its good for the soul.

Never give up hope. You can kick this disease.

Looking forward to any future post.

Lori

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Friske The Comedian said...

Watup girl? I'm the lesser half of Lori, aka Miss Melanoma.

Ah, the infamous Sara. We meet again at last, the circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the MASTER! Yah, I'm a geek, so what!??

I'm hearing the words Canda more and more thanks to you.

I'm just razzing you, it is one of our choices for the "Big Move" when and if it happens.

Amsterdam is your countries competition so it's a tough road to ho (bad pun). But I hear that your laws and country are pretty laid back.

I'm a simple caveman lawyer and all these rules here confuse me. I need a simpler place.

Lori has spoken highly of you and even mentioned something about love...

Lori really looks forward to your emails and blog entries. I'll drop in from time to time.

Keep the faith sista!
Bobby

p.s. I used to think Yoga was for sissies until I went to ONE class and couldn't even finish, yoga-ing is hard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home