Wednesday, July 12, 2006

www.GoVeg.com


I often wonder if people wonder to themselves if my veganism is the reason I have cancer. The thought must cross their minds right? I'm usually one of the only vegans they know, and I'm usually the only person under 40 they've ever met with cancer. So I can see if they might make that a connection.

Maybe no one does. But I can see why people would, if they do. People need to find reasons to believe this sort of thing could never happen to them.





Anyway, I just want to say: If that has crossed your mind than lay it to rest and come up with another theory as to why this happend to me and not you.

I have met hundreds of cancer survivors online and in person in the past year and a half, many of them my age and younger, and I believe I am the only vegan out of the mix. There is no correlation. In fact, many people switch to a plant-based diet based on their own research or on the advice of nutritionists after a cancer diagnosis because cancer rates tend to be lower in people that adopt this lifestyle. Of course, this is not a rule. Anyone can get cancer.

I am pretty confident that my primary lesion was a mole I had removed when I was 18, a full year before I even became vegetarian.

Just had to get that off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home