Thursday, September 07, 2006

Apology accepted but that doesn't mean I'm not pissed

























From the secretary this morning:

"Sarah,

The error is mine and I do apologize. The results I saw were only from the earlier excision and not July 25th at Mt Sinai. I have now found the results and faxed them to Dr Medical Onc's office. As well, I have printed a copy of the MRI results and biopsy results for you and may be picked up at the next appointment or could be faxed or sent through regular mail.

An appointment is on hold for this Friday Sept 8th at 10:00 - this of course may be changed if not convenient for you. I will leave a vm on your home number regarding this appt as well.

It is unfortunate that this lack of communication happened and I will not make excuses on my part but will learn from this experience.

Sincerely,

Admin Assistant to Dr. Surgical Onc"


Ok, mistakes happen. It was an unfortunate situation. She should have just asked the surgeon directly when she couldn't find the info I was looking for! I feel bad, because she's probably in deep shit now. She's new. I spoke with her this morning and she felt really bad. I was gracious without excusing her. I'm sure she has learned from this mistake. I'm sure her job is tough, juggling the scheduling of people who are sick and dying, dealing with them on the phone, fielding multiple demands from her surgeon and other doctors. I wouldn't want that job!

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Couz said...

Wow. At least she took responsibility for it.

But you're allowed to remain pissed. :-)

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah am so very sorry. I hope that has ot changed your valued opinion of our hospital as someone else here has totally trashed it seems to have.

I know mistakes happen, and these kind are not easily wiped up over.

I am wishing you the nest, and I do like the docs there.

BonnieLea

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Wow... Just, wow.

I agree that you're still allowed to be pissed and I sincerely hope that she IS in deep shit. She's dealing with people's lives, she HAS to get it right.

I hope your appointment went okay yesterday. Sending out tons of positive thoughts and vibes.

Thinking of you,

Heather

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carver said...

Hey Sarah,

I think you have every right to be pissed for as long as you like. That was beyond a blunder. I am sending out good thoughts for you.

As ever, Carver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home