Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I CHOPPED IT!





My hair hasn't been this short since 1993.

Finally had to take the plunge and do what makes sense since I can't really "do" my hair anymore, which really for me means sticking it in a pony tail.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the results and am relieved I can really just "wash and go" now.

A serious blog update is in order but I just haven't felt like it. I have much of my energy back, but am still taking it easy and if I don't I get really tired. My appetite is much better but not nearly back to normal. I've only had one "real" dinner in 2.5 weeks, the other times it's cereal and banana or grapes and an english muffin, that sorta thing.

I'm off to my abdomen ultrasound. They sent me home yesterday because I told them I had a protein shake before coming. Oops, forgot my tummy was suppose to be empty. That was a 7:30am appt. and my make-up today is at 9:30. Too bad I had to have a bowl of grapes to tide me over... My blood sugar gets really low and I get the shakes and get really weak (probably accounts for a good part of my fatigue the psat couple weeks since I haven't been eating consistently) and since I have to drive myself to the appt., then walk thru the hospital I just thought SCREW IT, I have to eat something! So I just won't tell the receptionist. I'm sure the u/s tech will see the mashed up grapes in my belly or wherever they have travelled to by 9:30am but they'll just have to get whatever imaging they can considering. It was oredered by my surgeon because of my fatigue. Since I'm getting better I'm pretty sure it was the roid withdrawal and the wound infection throwing my body off. Whatever.

Man, I have sooooo much to say but it makes me tired just thinking about it. I have to try and write it out this week before it never gets documented.

Shit, I' gonna be late, I'll edit this later, there must be even more typos than usual!

22 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look friggen hot dude! Seriously. I like how she layered the front! Lookin good girl!

liz

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Couz said...

I LOVE the new hair!

Gorgeous!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are GORGEOUS darling!!!

Hang in there, you are always in my thoughts.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Irene said...

New hair! Cuteness!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Miss Melanoma said...

You look AB FAB

-MM

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cut! H_O_T!

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking great!!! :)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Friske The Comedian said...

Hey, hot stuff! Miss Melanoma and I think you're looking quite sassy!! Love the cut!

Hey chicka, you allude to the fact you may have been to Costa Rica. True? We had to nix the idea of Canada because of the constant 80 degrees in CR.

So, when we move there you guys have a warm place to vacation!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger King (Kathie) said...

Sarah,

I love your hair! You look just great - looks can be deceiving, I know.

I'm happy that you are feeling a bit better. Hope the grapes weren't noticed!

Stay Strong

King (Kathie)
Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not for nothing...but you should have been toting that style since 1993! You look FANTASIC!!
(my first post to you btw)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ms.Smarties said...

I love it!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I love your hair! You look fantastic.

So happy you're feeling a bit better, just take it easy and give yourself a chance, don't try to do too much (yeah, look who's talking, right?).

Good luck with the scan results!

Love, Heather

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh la la - You look great Sarah, love the new hair!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I **love** your new haircut! :-D Good luck with your ultrasound. You're in my thoughts.

Terri (aka Knotty)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Hey Sarah,

You look fabulous. The new haircut is very becoming. I am glad you are feeling at least somewhat better and am crossing my fingers that the ultrasound will be fine. Take care of yourself. As ever, Carver

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Love your hair! So cute!!

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cut. I hope all goes well with you and wish you nothing less than the best. Found your blog on accident, and the lack of appetite reminded me of my g/f in London, Ont. so I had to read on. May your Angels always stay by your side. :=)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Foxy Renard said...

Quelle knockout! Love it.

 
At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like your new doo!
I had mine wacked off last Dec., a relief from my " really heavy hair" as I have been told. I normally had it in a pony also, although now, too lazy to gel and blow, I keep it in a really small pony and scrunchie (old habits die hard I guess).
I hope you are doing well Sarah. Thinking about you lots,
JanetteT from the Netherlands

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger leslie @ definitely not martha said...

You look drop dead gorgeous. Fabulous!!!!!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Voiceless Wonder said...

Gorgeous hair!!! Love it!

I've tagged you. For info see my blog. Hope you don't mind!

Steph

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Foxy Renard said...

Oh Jesus H, I'm double tagging you now. Damn internet.

SORRY. I know, it's like an effing chain letter. (This has been a copy and pasted disclaimer. Thanks for your patience.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home