Sunday, November 05, 2006

Makeovers Are Funner Than Sugeries! Who Knew?

Saturday, Nov. 4th. Two days post-op (me middle)Had surgery on Thursday to remove 5 masses. I know 4 are melanoma, the 5th is a little lump I found in my right breast a couple days before the surgery. Waiting for path results.

As of Sunday Oct.29th, I have lost mobility in my right wrist, elbow, and most of my fingers. I scribble like a 5 year old when I sign my name. I am typing with my left hand and right index finger only. I have been wearing a hat because I can't manipulate my hands to use a hair elastic and I don't have enough arm strength to blow dry my hair. I'm getting used to it though and finding other ways tp do things. In the pics, no hat because I had friends to do my hair!

My surgeon is concerned about this, so I stayed the night in hospital because they said that way I'd be first in line for MRI's and CT's if spots came up. And they did. I had 2 CT's and an MRI. I know my brain is clear of mets which is a huge relief, because loss like this can be a sign of cancer spread to the brain. It is more likely that there is tumour growing in or near the brachial plexus nerves but I'll get answer to that next Friday. It could just be scar tissue incringing on the area from the Oct 19th surgery-- that's my theory and hope! Geez, it hurts to type. My blogs might be short and sweet for a bit till they get my hand working again!

Went out last night for a friend's early birthday and had lots of fun. No drinkin' though since I'm popping Methadone, Percocets and Gabapentin! We had our faces done and MAC Cosmetics then went out for Thai. Lookin' pretty hot 48 after cancer surgery if I do say so myself!


Pre-makeover. No make up. Trying to look pathetic.



Post-Makeover ! Hot chicks!

5 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Hi Sarah,

You look great in the photos with your friends. I love the before and after shots. I'm sorry about your loss of mobility and hope that will improve. I know what you mean about the stage issue. My hope is whatever the stage that you will get a break soon. You have been through so much. My thoughts are with you.

Best wishes, Carver

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Miss Melanoma said...

S,
You're the hottest melanoma patient I know. Even as a gimp. Consider me your new stalker.

-L

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ms.Smarties said...

Looking good Sarah!
Take care!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeze Sarah! You are an inspiration! You look fantastic. You don't know me, but I found your blog through mpip. I check on you often and I am endlessly impressed with your fight and your spirit dispite all you have been up against. Best wishes on your recovery and fingers crossed that they made no mistakes this time. Thank you for your blog. My husband has melanoma and you have helped me like you can't believe. You are so beautiful in so many ways.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah!

WE do look like hot chicks, you especially! hahaha. Had the best time ever, your my greatest friend! And dido to what everyone else on the blog said, you are a HUGE inspiration!

Love L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home